1. For children under 10 years old:
- ROBBO 3D-printer Mini is available only as an object of observation and research.
- Only mentors control the 3D-printeroperation and prepare models for printing which are created by children in a 3D editor.
2. For children between 11-17 years old:
- 3D-printer Minidemonstrates clearly principles and parameters of additive manufacturing.
- Children formed in project teams can assemble ROBBO 3D-printer Minifrom a construction kit in order to deeply study the mechanical principles of the 3D-printer operation and prepare for the development of their own 3D-printer model.
Students consider following aspects of 3D printing settings during work:
- Printed item is much stronger when the printing layers go along the item, not across, so it is better to print long parts “lying down”.
- The 3D printer cannot print “in the air”, so layers must be printed on something. Therefore, supports are sometimes printed for such layers if it is necessary. It leads to loss of the item’s surface quality and additional material consumption.
- Printed items must adjoin a printing bed as much as possible with the surface area. In this case, there is less chance of deformation during solidification and printed items are better attached to the printing bed.
- If the printing bed is not heated, it is important to choose appropriate material glued to the bed so printed items don’t come off during printing.
The collection of educational projects which are performed using ROBBO 3D-printer Mini
Here’s the link to the collection on wiki.robbo.ru
- There is an educational module “3D Modeling in TinkerCAD and FreeCAD” (20+ hours) for ROBBO 3D-printer Mini.
- Printing settings are studied facultatively.
- Methodological materials are posted at wiki.robbo.ru in the blog of the ROBBO expert Leonid Sergeevich Zakharov.
|Max. print area (WxDxH)||170 х 100 х 100 mm|
|Supply voltage||~12 V|
|Power consumption||100 W|
|XY positioning precision||0,01 mm|
|Z positioning precision||0,1-0,3 mm|
|XY moving speed||3000 mm/min|
|Z moving speed||100 mm/min|
|Type of the tool||1 extruder|
|Nozzle diameter||0,4 mm|
|Nozzle temperature||Max. 250 °C|
|Filament diameter||1,75 mm|
|Supported file types||STL|
|File transfer||USB (no SD card)|
|Product dimensions (WxDxH)||370 х 280 х 350 mm|
|Product weight||3,5 kg|
|Operating temperature||15 ~ 25 °C|
|Operation humidity||Up to 70%|
|Range hood||Natural ventilation is required|
Country of origin: Russian Federation
Manufacturer: АО «ROBBO»
Trademark: АО «ROBBO»